Monday 24 August 2009

Windows 7 Here I Come...

...well not quote haha!

I am today installing the Windows 7 RC onto Virtual PC 2007 hosted by my trusty Windows XP machine. Although I am a self confessed geek I have never been one for playing around with pre-release versions of operating systems but on this occasion I have made an exception.

The reason for this departure from my own self imposed rules is simple, I am believing the hype. I have read and heard so much that I am intrigued. I am intrigued to see for myself whether this really is any better that Vista, particularly as this is likely to be the leap we make on all 70+ business machines from XP in our organisation. But wait, there is more. As I build my photography business I am looking at faster and faster PCs (I am holding out against a switch to the Mac!) and I really want to try out Windows 7 as a platform for photographers.

So how will I fell when I use Windows 7? God only knows but one thing is for sure, it better be better than Vista. You can't hold off change forever so I am already convinced this will be our OS of choice int he not too distant future.

I'll keep the blog posted on how I feel about the RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment